Skip to content ↓

Concerned about a Child?

If you’re worried that a child or young person is at risk of neglect, harm or abuse, it’s important that you tell someone. If you have a safeguarding concern as a parent or member of the community please contact a member of the team.

Who to tell

Sarah Morton - Designated Safeguarding Lead

Alison Barden or Ian Leach - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads 

01234 352721

If you think the child is in immediate danger, call the police on 999. 
  • Or Bedfordshire Police: 01234 841212
  • NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000

If school is closed and no staff are available and you have a concern you would like to raise, you can do this directly with Children's Services at Bedford Borough Council.  Integated Front Door can be contacted on 01234 718700 or the Emergency Duty Team if out of hours on 0300 300 8123. 

If the child's not in immediate danger, but you're still concerned about them, please use the Bedford Borough online form:

Report a concern about a child