All schools receive special, additional funding to support the development of PE and Sport.
We use our funding to:
- buy into our local Sports Partnership
- buy specialist coaching
- provide quality training for our staff
- purchase additional resources for PE lessons and for lunchtime playtimes
- provide specific PE workshops during our 'themed' weeks
- we employ a professional sportsman to provide Learning Support, as well as support our PE teaching across the school
We also encourage health and fitness through a variety of activities and curriculum based topics/themes, particularly in science and PSHME. We are part of the Daily Mile initiative, and every day all our children take part in running for a sustained period of time.
22/23 Sports Premium Plan can be found here
22/23 Sports Premium Review can be found here
23/24 Sports Premium Plan can be found here
In July 2016, we were proud to receive the School Games Silver Award for our work, and for many years now, we have received the Gold Award. We have also been awarded a Modeshifts Bronze Award (July 2021) in recognition of our work to secure safe and healthy travel to and from school.