We want everyone in our school to flourish in their own unique way. Our school is like a garden.
- Rich soil provides firm foundations which allow individual plants to grow and flourish, a place where we can all grow together in friendship and harmony, celebrating and enjoying all that which makes us different and special.
- Strong fences protect us in our garden and we are safe academically, socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
- Beautiful, warm sunshine gives us the hope we need to succeed. It also brings us joy, it’s important that we laugh and celebrate together. The sun brings us warmth and comfort when we might need it.
- All around our garden are the green shoots of growth as we learn and move forward in our learning. Some of us are just starting to grow, some of us are nearly outgrowing the garden and are ready to move on. Either way, we are always growing.
- We make sure that our thirst for learning is quenched and that we keep our garden well watered. We know that different plants may need different care and we will ensure each gets what they need to grow so that everyone is treated fairly and respectfully
- Sometimes, dark clouds may appear overhead but we know that by developing strong roots, making mistakes, taking risks and asking for help, we can overcome the storms we may face. We will help others work through the tough times.
- We know that there is a world beyond our garden, and we look forward to the times when we step out of our garden, seeking to serve the wider world with kindness and compassion, as well as achieve well when we leave this garden for the next one. When we do leave this garden, we know that everything we have learnt here will help us to thrive in our new garden.
- Watching over our garden is the brightest, most beautiful rainbow, which reminds us we are all loved by God and by each other. It is this love which drives us: because we love our children, we teach them as well as we can, we show them the difference between right and wrong because it matters to us that they can be the best they can, we guide them and support them whenever we can and in whichever situation because we know that will help them flourish. In turn, we ask the children to show that love and care towards each other, because we know the greatest of all is love.
Our garden is filled with beautiful plants, flowers, trees, shrubs and hedges. We will tend to and care for each plant, flower and tree and work hard to give them what they need to flourish. Individually we are beautiful and successful, but we flourish together as one.